The Pitfalls of Film Financing & How to Avoid Them
Finding financing for an independent film can feel like pushing a boulder up a mountain. But filmmakers often don't realize the mistakes they're making that are actually making it harder to find financing for their films. In this webinar we look at the pitfalls filmmakers can fall into and what to do instead.
In this webinar, we'll look at the biggest mistakes filmmakers are making in regards to financing and better approaches to take , including:
• Why budgeting wrong and not having a realistic distribution strategy can kill a project
• Why your team in critical, especially at higher budgets
• How to mitigate risk for your investors to make your project more attractive
• Why structured finance is essential at higher budget levels
• The trouble with international co-productions
• Why vetting financiers is crucial
• The problem with giving away too much too soon and having too many cooks in the kitchen
FILM SPECIFIC MEMBERS: ACCESS THE WEBINAR HERE
Not a Film Specific Member Yet? JOIN NOW TO ACCESS THIS WEBINAR ON-DEMAND
Stacey Parks is the founder of FilmSpecific.com. She has over 16 years experience in independent film as a sales agent, producer, and consultant for independent filmmakers. Stacey is also the author of "The Insider's Guide to Independent Film Distribution" (2012 Focal Press), now in its second edition and considered to be an essential handbook for independent filmmakers seeking production and distribution insight for their films.